About us
Call us: +44 1632 960212

CGT Relief – Incorporation Relief

You may also be able to delay paying CGT if you transfer your business to a company in return for shares – in short this means that you will not pay any tax until you have you have sold or ‘disposed’ of the shares.


To qualify for Incorporation Relief, you must be either a:


  • Sole trader or in a business partnership
  • Or transfer the business and all its existing assets (except cash) in return for shares in the company


Please Note: You do not have to claim Incorporation Relief yourself  – you’ll be notified and get it automatically if you’re eligible. To work out the amount you need to pay Capital Gains Tax on you simply deduct the gain you made when selling your business from the market value of the shares you received.

Thanks for subscribing!
We’re happy you joined our subscription.
Chech your inbox for future updates.
An error has occured
Please, try again later or
contact us via live chat.